- What is theChanner? theChanner is the first Social Mobile TV browser, where people watch TV on the phone, can give their say to broadcasters and share their opinion along their social network, on the phone. We focus on TV as the best way to be up to date on what matters to everyone.theChanner allows wireless devices to show Internet streaming TV.We aim to help broadcasters on the Internet to reach their mobile audience, wherever it is. We work to encourage new programmers to join the Internet arena.
- What phones support theChanner?
Internet streaming TV requires both, a good Internet connection and a device with CPU enough.For a list of mobile devices check here.A. The list is being kept up to date but we are sure some models may be not registered. If you wish to help, use the contact form below and send us your model and mobile brand name.
- I observed some objectionable content. How do I report it? In the mobile app, either tap on theChanner button in the main menu and use the contact form to tell us which channel needs to be reviewed or use the contact form below. Your help to bring open content that may not harm other viewers is very grateful.
- How do I post my comment to my Facebook and Twitter pages?
It is very easy. You just need to go first to your user profile and then connect to Facebook and Twitter by entering your login information. Once logged in, simply go to a channel, write your comment and then tap on the Facebook and Twitter icons before sending. Get social! Post your comment!.
- How do I edit channel information? First, you may go to a channel and tap the info icon (or you can tap the info button in the main menu, aswell). Then, tap the edit icon to show the channel’s edit page. Enter your tags and description and when you are finished you just need tot submit.
- How do I view my favorites list? To get to your favorites list just tap on the heart button in the right side of the header or in the main menu.
- How do I add/remove a channel in my favorites list? To add/remove a channel in your favorites list, you must first go to the channel and then tap the heart button to open the favorites list. If you then, tap the heart button again you will add/remove such channel. You may also add/remove channels in this way using the heart buttons in the main menu.
- What do the arrow buttons in the main menu do? The arrow buttons allow you to quickly move from channel to channel in your favorites list.
- How do I vote for a channel? In the channel info area, tap on the number of stars and then tap the “Rate it” button. You can also rate the channel from its info page.
- How do I view a channel’s Twitter page? Go to the channel you want to watch and then tap its Twitter feed. If the channel has no Twitter feed, then it is either not on Twitter or we have not added it yet.
- How do I view a channel’s Facebook page? It is again very simple.Go to the channel and then tap the info icon (or you can tap the info button in the main menu). Then in the info page, tap on “Facebook”.
- I am using a Windows Mobile phone and don’t see neither Facebook nor Twitter. We develop theChanner first proof of concept on windows mobile. The user interface is not the definitive one and has not facebook and twitter services, but theChaner chat. Our apologies. We are working on the new version for Windows Phone.
- How do I view a channel’s web page? Go to the channel you want to watch and then tap the info icon (or you can tap the info button in the main menu). Then in the info page, tap on the channel’s web URL.
- How do I pause a channel? To do so you just need to go to the main menu and press the pause button. To resume, press the button again.
- How do I search for a channel? In the main menu, just tapping the screen, press search. Enter the channel’s name you are looking for and then tap the search button. If the channel is not found, try revising your search or enter different keywords. You can also browse channels by tapping on the Tags, TV List or Top TV buttons in the main menu.
- On my iPhone or iPad, how do I disable automatic sign in? On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings and scroll down to theChanner. Tap on theChanner and then slide the “Sign In Automatically” switch to off. It’s done.
- I am using theChanner on my iPhone or iPad. A pop-up is showing when I try to connect on a 3G network? Currently, you may need a Wi-fi connection to watch theChanner on either iPhone and iPad. We are sorry for the inconvenience. A 3G network support will be delivered in the near future.
- I get a message, “Could not connect to theChanner”. Please check you are entering your username and password correctly when logging in. It is important to verify too, that you have Internet connectivity for your device.
- I hear the audio but I don’t get any video. It can mean that the CPU on your phone is not big enough to reproduce both video and audio streaming at the same time. When it happens, the device decides to reproduces the audio streaming as it is easier for it. To have a good experience we recommend those devices with at least 600MHz processor speed. Please, check the phone models here.
- I get a message, “Connection to broadcaster lost” or “Connection lost: low bandwidth internet connection”. Such message appears when your wireless Internet connection might be either too weak or not fast enough. If you are using 3G, try to connect later, if you are using your own Wi-fi and it happens often, you will need a higher bandwith and more reliable internet network.
- I get a message, “Couldn’t connect to broadcaster”. You can try to reconnect by pressing the play button in the main menu. If this does not work, the channel could have ended its broadcast for the moment. You can confirm the channel’s air times by viewing its programming schedule clicking on the web URL.
- I get a message, “Couldn’t play broadcaster’s content”. If that is the case, we are not showing the channel as expected. If you get this error, we would appreciate if you report to us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
...start a private chat with your online friends or send a message to connect.
…add tags to a TV channel to help others discover it by pressing the review button.
…you can read a channel's last tweets by tapping the tweet display below the video.
…log onto facebook or twitter to access a picture to feature in your profile.
…60Specials is our editor's choice of TV channels.
…enable push alerts in the phone settings to receive your friends’ direct messages.
…rate a channel by selecting a number of stars and tapping the rating button on its info page.
…tapping a channel's TV icon in the TV list will play the channel.
…you can view theChanner's main menu by tapping on the video viewing area.
…the last channel viewed at shutdown will be automatically played when you restart theChanner.
…you can build your own favorite channel list by
tapping the heart button.
…rate a channel by selecting a number of stars and tapping the rate button.